Login (User Login; top right of page) with your web user or complete this form to download.
The energy data management system for controlling your industrial processes
What is an energy data management system (EDMS)?
Energy data management systems (EDMS) use Internet of Things (IoT) devices and sensors to collect real-time consumption data. Instead of collecting this data manually, an EDMS does this work for you automatically and provides reliable data for your reporting purposes. An EDMS is part of a higher-level energy management system (EMS).
Users at manufacturing companies or makers of industrial equipment can actively monitor power consumption and take steps to reduce it.
Ultimately, it's about increasing efficiency and reducing costly carbon-emitting processes. By using an energy data management system, you can bring more transparency to your power consumption mix and identify the biggest consumers in your company.
An established energy data management system is the foundation of a fully automated factory, a smart factory or connected factory.
It collects the data from your production processes and provides a real-time picture of your equipment’s power consumption. This allows you to reduce potential environmental pollution caused by high consumption and, at the same time, reduce costs.
Sustainable energy data management to optimize your industrial processes
Increasing energy costs and the limited availability of resources are spurring society and industry to change their views and behavior.
An EDMS with zenon generates synergies between cost optimization and environmentally forward-looking production models. This way, you can take proactive action.
Get an overview of the energy consumption of your ongoing processes in your production system. Identify the largest consumers in your production processes and automatically flatten peak loads.
In addition to continuously recording and documenting your energy flows, you can both reduce running costs and act in the spirit of sustainability.
A software platform as a partner
zenon supports you in tackling many energy data management challenges.
Environment and sustainability
- Environmental responsibility: Live up to your sustainability principles and your corporate social responsibility. Take an active part in meeting ESG sustainability challenges and make an impact today for tomorrow.
- Budget: The goal is to generate maximum output with the limited resources available. It is important to gradually optimize power consumption.
- Data: Manufacturers need energy data to make informed decisions about productivity and performance. However, manual reporting based on data sampling does not provide real-time information across multiple machines and equipment components. As a result, valuable opportunities for improving productivity can be easily overlooked without the detailed view provided by an overarching energy data management system.
- Standards for government funding: In order to be eligible for government subsidies, a business might have to meet certain efficiency standards. The associated regulations are often very extensive and difficult to implement on your own.
Optimizing engineering processes and equipment
- Define your most important internal key performance indicators (KPIs) and keep track of energy flows and manufacturing processes.
- Data analytics and monitoring can provide a basis for your commercial success.
- Optimize your workflows and processes continuously and steadily.
- Identify your energy baseline and at the same time identify your energy performance indicators (EnPIs), in addition to your KPIs.
- Identify the biggest energy consumers in your company at a glance so you can understand where to focus effort. The information helps you to continuously reduce your power costs.
- Analyze your load profiles and record the power peaks, so you can avoid startup peaks and reduce them over the long term.
Collect data from various sources. In most industrial companies, you’ll find multiple systems and equipment in use, each with different power consumption profiles. It is therefore important that the data collection also includes power consumption across individual production lines and buildings. A correspondingly integrated energy data management system provides you with the statistics required.
Get an overview of the energy consumption. An EDMS collects data from multiple sources, giving you an insightful snapshot of your power consumption. This information is stored in one central location, making it easier for you to identify possible trends and adjust your processes, if necessary.
Monitor data from new and existing assets. Older systems often do not offer the same efficiency as newer models. With an energy data management system, you can compare the power consumption of existing and new machines to increase efficiency and ensure effective consumption monitoring.
Determine areas for more energy efficiency. With an EDMS, you can access trend reports and data on your equipment performance, which can help you to identify less efficient areas. You can then flag equipment with high energy consumption and low performance for maintenance work or replacement.
With zenon you get an intelligent EDMS for industrial processes. zenon is the right choice if you too would like to benefit from automation and powerful energy data reporting.
How zenon supports your energy efficiency and ISO 50001 certification
A powerful platform like zenon helps you to manage energy consumption across all industrial processes, improve the energy efficiency of your operation, and meet the requirements for ISO 50001 certification. With zenon you can:
- Collect and process all data automatically. zenon is a state-of-the-art software platform with over 300 communication protocols. This allows you to integrate all PLCs and computerized systems, and process targeted queries from any data server. Advanced communication and diagnostic functions ensure that you always receive the right reporting information for your analyses.
- Archive and manage data for ISO 50001 certification. Use the real-time functions to track and record current operating data or zenon Historian 360 to evaluate historical data. If you need data for your ISO certification, you can easily access this with zenon, and display it clearly in various formats.
- Benefit from a simple system implementation. Thanks to its high adaptability, you can easily integrate zenon in your existing system landscape. Intuitive modules and a user-friendly design help you quickly perform calculations, activate machines, integrate devices, and add new users. Combined with extensive training and maintenance plans, zenon is a valuable investment for any team.
- Display data in a clear and user-friendly way. Industrial processes are always associated with extensive data collection. zenon simplifies the interpretation of this data with a configurable display. For example, it provides trend curves, energy analyses, performance indicators, alarm messages, and event lists.
Choose zenon as your energy data management system
With zenon, you streamline your energy data collection and gain access to valuable trend reports and analytics. COPA-DATA has over 30 years of experience in the industry, and we continuously improve zenon to extend the necessary algorithms and logic for the best solution.
Want to learn more? Get in touch with us today.
Contact us for more information
Read our Success Stories
Together towards sustainability with Carlsberg Srbija (Serbia)
Weiz: Energizing the city (Austria)
HANDL TYROL (Austria)
Thank you for your request. In a few moments you will receive an email containing your download link.